Lean administration is about creating value in the stream of administration. It contains a list of several tools that help in working with lean in a company’s administration.
Lean system is a proper system that has a number of activities aligned in such a way to create and provide value to the end user or end customer. Therefore, in the light of this definition, lean administration is about creating value in all the activities that are considered to be a part of the administrative work. The tools of lean administration help in not only identifying the value stream but also help in reducing or eliminating the wastes thus leading to complete utilization of all the resources in the value stream.
- One-piece flow: It is the sequence of activities as one unit at a time therefore focusing on each activity of the process not the process as a whole.
- Poka Yoke: It is error-proofing through automation for every activity.
- Visual management: It is the using of visual displays that provide all the information about every activity and controlling it visually as well to ensure all activities are carried out as required.
- 5S method: Taking care of the workplace by following; Sort, straighten, shine, standard and sustain.
- Kaizen: Implementing small changes to improve productivity and performance.
Administrative systems that are not well managed will have stocks and piles of unattended files, missing standard of work and high waiting time. This dissatisfies the customers and therefore doesn’t create any value to customers. No matter what is the kind of administrative flow, these tools can be easily applied to make all the activities aligned and efficient.